Humana Medicare Supplement Insurance
Humana is a Fortune 500 company offering several health insurance plans with over 13 million customers. Humana received awards from the National Business Group on Health, American Heart Association, Military Times and other organizations for the company’s insurance products and responsible business practices.
Humana Medicare Supplement Review
Depending on your state regulations, Humana offers Medicare Plans A through N, often called Medigap insurance. You can research all Medicare supplement plans Humana offers on their website by entering your ZIP code, and you can buy a plan directly off the site or from a local agent.
Now the third-largest health insurance provider in the U.S., Humana was founded in 1961 by David A. Jones, Sr. The company started as Extendicare nursing homes then transitioned into hospitals. Twenty years later, Humana joined the health insurance industry, and by the 1990s, the company left the hospitalization sector altogether. Today, the company offers Medicare supplement policies, Medicare Advantage plans, and Part D coverage as well as dental, vision, prescription drug plans, Medicaid and group insurance.
Humana policy includes some perks other providers don’t offer.
- Discount for paying premiums automatically using electronic bank drafts or a credit card.
- Silver Sneakers fitness program.
- Access to a nurse by phone 24-hours-a-day.
- MyHumana Savings Program with discounts on eye exams, contact lenses and glasses, over-the-counter medications, massage therapy, weight loss programs and more.
- Access to Humana Transplant Centers to maximize benefits.
- Secure online health record repository you can access via smartphone at medical and wellness appointments.